RSS

Our Big Day




August 21, 2010
“Today is the day I marry my best friend.” I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but when I see that on wedding announcements it is so cheesy and I can’t help but laugh. But it is very true. I love that I am married to my best friend. After 8.5 months of being away from Cameron and doing the “long distance” thing, we tied the knot, and he moved to California with me. 2010 has brought a lot of new things to my life. A lot of challenges, but I have learned so much. I am so thankful that I finally have Cameron by my side and am so thankful for the strength he gives me.
Our wedding day was perfect. Although it was not the exact situation we always planned for, it was still such a special day and we know it was the best thing to do. We were surrounded by our great families, and amazing friends in my Uncle Staff and Aunt Kaye’s beautiful backyard in Lehi, Utah.
I cannot thank everyone enough for all their help! Thanks to everyone who threw me bridal showers, helped put invitations together, spent hours looking for the right dress, Mom for finally making my dress because all the others were not modest and could not fit me, drove 10 + hours with kids to get there, leaving school and work behind, getting music set up, singing and playing music for the wedding and program, pitching in to help with decorations, preparing food, working in the kitchen, putting flowers together, making cakes, making the most amazing guestbook EVER, fitting tuxes, setting up tables and chairs, pinning table cloths down because of the wind, getting me ready, taking pictures, all to make that an unforgettable day for both of us. Thank you all for your love, support, and generosity.
I also want to take this time to thank my wonderful in-laws. You hear nightmare stories about in-laws, but I lucked out big time. This family is one of the strongest families I know and I look up to every one of them, even you Jackson and Lydia, being younger than me and all. Thank you all for your strength and faith in difficult times.
Now here are pictures from Charles Ellsworth and my brother David Gentry took some as well with editing by thee Mrs. Kasey Gentry. Thank you all for your wonderful pictures and really capturing the moment in photos for us. The Beth & Cam wedding album were pictures taken by David and the Wedding Part 2 are pictures taken by Charles.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes