RSS

The Engagement!!

So this is an amazing story. I went back to California and it had been almost 2 months again since I saw Cameron and was going to be driving to Utah in a couple days for a family reunion, so I was going to see Cameron then. I had anxiously been waiting for this day. Since I left Utah we had been talking about marriage with each other and our families. It seemed liked the best thing for us so we started wedding plans. However, only one problem. I did not have a ring. I was not officially proposed to. I kept thinking he was going to be proposing to me when I got to Utah, but boy was I wrong. I had a few friends over for my birthday on July 20th, 2010 and we just talked and started a movie when the doorbell rings. We thought one person was going to be coming to my little party that we didn't want to come, so we made some evil plans that when the doorbell rang, Eric would answer the door and we would hide and he would pretend they got the wrong house. Well Eric answers the door, and says "Uhhh, Bethany, someone else is here for you." I go to the door and I see Cameron there! I was speechless, I was screaming, I was jumping and hugging him and kissing him. I was so amazed he was even there! He bought me some perfume and had it in a little bag and gave it to me for a birthday present. I was so excited to just have him there, I didn't care about the perfume. But he says "Oh, there is one more thing," and gets on one knee and says "Bethany, will you marry me." Of course, I say yes and we hug and kiss more.
This is the thing, Cameron kept saying little things like "You will see me sooner than you think," and I kept thinking that he was going to surprise me. I got my hopes high, but earlier on my birthday my brother David and sister-in-law Kasey texted me and said that they surprised Cameron at work and Cameron texted me then too saying how they surprised him. This was around 4PM, so I figured there was absolutely no way he would make it to California by the end of my birthday so I just figured I would see him in a couple days. Here are some pictures from that lovely night.
My engagement ring.

So these petals were in with all the perfume, well he decided to throw them all around us for cheesy and dramatic effect. Affect? Effect... I don't know the difference still.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes