RSS

Manchester Orchestra & The Dear Hunter Concert

We celebrated Cameron's birthday early this year since his is only 4 days after Christmas, it makes it a little harder financially and it blends into Christmas. I surprised him with tickets to see a couple of our favorite bands right now, Manchester Orchestra and The Dear Hunter in San Francisco. 2 other bands played but we didn't care much for them. Manchester Orchestra and The Dear Hunter have been the theme of our summer. We listened to them on every trip we took. We discovered The Dear Hunter back in May, and have just really fallen in love with their music. They have so many different sounds, and I can listen to them for hours and hours.
We had so much fun screaming the songs and moving around with the crowd. Manchester Orchestra was the headlining band and played a couple encore songs. We didn't know the last one so stepped out early to miss the crowd. We then saw the lead singer of The Dear Hunter, Casey, and he was the coolest guy. He took some pictures with us. We drove home, had our picture taken at a red light. I am hoping it was the car behind us that triggered the flash, because we were in the intersection when it was yellow. We also got s ticket for a toll violation because we didn't have the money to pay the toll on the way out of the city. I was so frustrated because we have left a few times before that late and never had to pay the toll. I also asked a parking attendant if we had to pay a toll leaving the city and he said you only have to coming into the city, so I didn't get more cash from the ATM. But other than that, it was an amazing memory to add to our list:) I also put some videos at the end of this post to show some of my favorite songs by the bands...
Casey from the Dear Hunter
Manchester Orchestra
The Dear Hunter
Driving into the city on the Golden Gate...



I love his voice a lot, and this song just makes me so happy for some reason.


They played this one at their show. I just think it's really pretty.



Probably my favorite song by them. They played this one as well. It gets me
in such a happy and pumped mood every time I hear it for some reason.

Other favorites that you can look up if interested:
The Canopy
Crow and Cackle
But There's Wolves
Fall and Flee
Filth and Squalor
He Said He Had a Story
His Hands Matched his Tongue
In Cauda Venemum
The Inheritance
Lost But Not All Gone
Mr Malum
Mustard Gas
No God
Red Hands
Saved
Smiling Swine
Things That Hide Away
This Beautiful Life
Too Late
What It Means to Be Alone


One of my favorites from their new Album. Manchester Orchestra


Love this song....


I will never forget the 2nd date I went on with Cameron,
I went to his house, but he was in the shower. His brother
let me in, and Cameron was screaming this song at the
top of his lungs in the shower. He didn't know I was there...

Anyways, enjoy! Sorry I went on and on...

1 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome! Except the tolls... they don't really have them in Utah, but in FL they were everywhere! I will have to check out their music :)

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes