RSS

Gratitude Part 2

Just wanted to write another quick blog on gratitude before November is over.

I know I said I was thankful for family in my last post, but I wanted to re-emphasize that. I cannot imagine being in any other family. They are wonderful people and I love them all so much. I am also very thankful for the family I married into... They are great people, and I feel so lucky to now be part of their family.

Friends... I have so many great and wonderful friends. Some I have no idea what or where I would be if I did not have them. Brooklyne and I have been best friends since birth pretty much. We live 16 hours away, but I still fill like I can talk to her no matter what. Rachel is my best friend here in California. She is so fun to hang out with, and I know I can talk to her about anything. I am thankful for Michael who has been living with Cameron and I since May. He has blessed us so much, and even though I can be a punk to him sometimes, it's just because he is such a good friend and we love him.

I am thankful for pets and the joy they bring into your life. I had Bright from when I was born until I was about 13 when she ran away in the Rodeo Chedeski fire. We think she was trying to find her way back home after we took her to Springerville when we had to evacuate. She would chase rocks, pinecones, anything! We would leave on long trips, and she would be there on the front porch when we came back. She never ran away... After Bright was gone, we got a new puppy from the humane society, Briggs. Briggs was a husky/malamute mix. We figured out quickly he had more malamute in him since he was so big! He was such a fun dog and loved to just run, especially in the snow (it's in his nature duh) and loved to play with the chickens we had. If they got out, he would chase them until he caught one in his mouth, and would just carry it around then let it go and chase it again. He never bit into a chicken, but I am sure they could have died from a heart attack. Cameron and I now have a little Siamese cat named Dexter. I always, always HATED cats because of the one my family had when I was little, it scratched my stomach and I have a scar, but after watching my coworker's cat for her while she was out on a 2 week trip, I really liked them and how entertaining they were. Dexter was abandoned in my coworker's friend's yard and was only about 4 weeks old. We took him in and have just been in love since. He is such a little varment, but it is entertaining. I love when he jumps up on our bed in the morning to give us cuddles and licks then just does his own thing most of the time. We find him in the most random places because of his curiosity, but he is so fun. I am thankful for all the pets I have had and the special place in my heart they all have.

That is all I have time for right now, but I just wanted to express some of the things I am grateful for. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes