RSS

Happy Birthday Daddy Dear!


It is my Dad's birthday today and I wish I could be with him to celebrate it. Instead, this is the best I can do and a card is on it's way to him. Dad, I am so, so, so thankful for you! I feel like I really took advantage of you, especially since I moved out of the house, it has been so hard. I miss just being like "Dad, I feel like singing this song." And no matter what, he would get it to work for my voice, and he would sit down at the piano and I would sing away. Those are probably some of my most precious memories. Listening to him play the piano always (even though it wasn't appreciated at midnight or 6 in the morning most of the time) and laughing at him when he couldn't hear me talking because he was listening to his classical musical too loud. I really am so proud to be the daughter of Scott Gentry, a music legend in the White Mountains in AZ and known throughout the state for his talents. I grew up around music because of him and my mom. I have grown to appreciate his love and knowledge of music as I have grown older to realize how much he really does understand. I wish I knew exactly how many concerts he has put on, how many musicals and plays he has done, how many times he was an accompanist. It's in the thousands and thousands I am sure. I love that I can play a little clip of ANY classical song and he can name the piece, the composer, even the measure sometimes. He is truly an inspiration, example, and amazing person.
I miss springtime when we would be up early working in the yard and getting it prepped and ready for summer. I loved being out in the yard with him and planting the garden. We both had the same goal to make the yard look gorgeous, and think we succeeded every summer.
I know Mom never liked Dad's late night trips to Safeway, KMart, or Walmart to get little candies or cookies, but I definitely did. That's another good memory I have. His sweet tooth.
This blog post wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention my dad and sleeping. We always joke with him about movies being good or not. You know it is a good movie if he didn't fall asleep once. He knows how to crochet and falls asleep on the corner of the couch watching TV and crocheting. I love it.
Anyways, I hope you have a great birthday Dad. I miss you so much and love you even more. I wish I could play Happy Birthday like you do on the piano:)

My wedding day...



I love this picture of him.

I am sad because this was the only picture we got together after my voice recital
back in June of 2009. All that work together, and this was the only picture we got! I could
not have done this without him.

Another picture I love. He was so supportive with my band Alaska and Me. Here he is
representing us well with one of our shirts:)

Sleeping during family game night... Haha.

I played this game before, he didn't. This was choir tour 2007 in Disneyland.

Beauty and the Beast my sophomore year. I couldn't do this without him either.
I tried to get some videos up from my recital for him playing and me singing, but the link was not working. So use this link to see the different videos that I have posted...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bethaneegentree&aq=f

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for so many precious memories.LOL, DAD

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes