RSS

Happy 8th Birthday John!

I feel horrible! I seriously just realized I didn't blog about little Johnny Appleseed! It's been a crazy couple weeks, and I've been sick, but still that is not an excuse. So here it goes.
John Kael Heaps was born eight years ago on January 8th. He was baptized last Saturday and it was so fun to be there. I am proud of this kid. I really got to know him this past year since I lived with him and his wonderful family. Although John was the one who woke me up most mornings with his high pitched screams and squeals, I love him! In the 8 months I lived there these are the first memories that come right to my mind when I think of John:
-Watch/listening to him read the scriptures and seeing him improve.
-He would write his name like this " John!!!!!!!!!!" He loved explanation points.
-He would spend hours in his room playing legos and would make some of the coolest things. He loved Indiana Jones and would make "booby traps" out of his legos.
-When I watched the Heaps' kids for a week when their parents went to Hawaii, John was a HUGE helper. He would take his little brothers in their room and keep them entertained.
-Playing catch with him during baseball season.
-John asking me to play Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. He loved to watch it, then learned to play it.
-His sleep walking... Funny/eerie thing to experience.
-Knocking on my room door to see what I was up to. I loved his little visits.
-Right before I got married, his obsession with Harry Potter began. Every time I go over there now, he will mention something about it or ask me questions about it.
Happy Birthday John. I love you bud.

All the pictures I had of John he was not looking at the
camera. So I took this one from their family photos...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We were recently married on August 21, 2010 We started this blog as more of a journal for us to look back at all the good times. No matter what life brings us we are in this together and we couldn't be more happy about it. We are better together.
 
Copyright 2009 The Jacobs All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes